Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Geothermal Hot Springs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 am

The caverns that are the home of the Winged Foxes were formed from an ancient mega volcano. Because of this, there are various geothermal hot springs all about. Most are very small and used to produce central heating throughout the complex tunnels, as well as provide electrical power via steam. Some are large enough to extract drinking water to be filtered through.

Though, there is one set of Hot Springs that were very, very large. Nothing but a few chairs and a small bar with full stock were erected there. These are now used for rest and relaxation. These also happen to be the Commissar's favorite place to frequent, so no one is surprised to see her there resting off a stressful day.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:19 am

Sitting in a deep corner with only her head sticking out of the water; Seba's eyes were closed. Having no idea when the captain would decide to stop drinking, and finally having gotten out of his office; she had meandered over to the hot springs with not much else to do. She was alone, no one else was there; until it became painfully obvious due to the soft echoing off the cavern walls that a familiar sound of boots had entered the area. Seba opened one eye and glanced up.
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 am

The Captain rubbed his head, shaking it as he held a mug of straight black coffee in his other hand. He took a strong swig of it, gagging at the very taste of it as he walked into the increasingly hotter area of the springs. He walked into view, looking over at the familiar bobbing head of the Commissar in the water, slowly making his way over. One of the barkeeps already had a greyhound mixed, quickly moving from the bar to the Commissar's side, offering the drink to her on a tray as the captain stopped a small ways away, looking at her, then at the mug of coffee in his hand as he drank some more, trying to get the alcohol out of his system.

"Thought I'd find you here... We'll be heading out to Norune shortly..." He groaned a bit, taking another drink. "... should not have let Mac brew this stuff..."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 am

"Went to the medical lounge, did you? You know, if you really want to cure a hangover quickly, go to Medic and have her give you an intravenous drip. It works wonders, and you feel better immediately. Mac's coffee, from what I've heard is.. an acquired taste.. I personally wouldn't touch it." Coming out of the water a bit and taking the drink from the barkeeper with a nod, she looked back at Lepper. "So we are going then; about time I heard from you on that. You're not flying."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:51 am

"Best flying comes from pilots when they're drunk..." He grinned, taking another drink from what he really believed to be actually coffee flavored iodine. Groaning, he set it down on a rock nearby. "We'll be flying convoy I guess? Why not just take one of the Airships? They carry more, plus we sit comfortably..." He looked her up and down, grinning.

"By the way, looking good."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am

".. You know I'd kill you for that if you were closer and if I weren't so comfortable." Seba retorted with a raised eyebrow. "Might do it anyways.." she murmured with a small grin. Setting the now empty glass on the edge of the pool, she hoisted herself out of the hot spring and wrapped a towel around her wet bathing suited self. "An airship would be more efficient; more cargo room, and less to guard once we got there, instead of a fleet of smaller planes."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 am

"... right." He finished off the horrid coffee, about ready to throw it all back up. He looked over at her again. "Guess we're taking the Ruby up then. Get Blue Squadron loaded up on it, as well as a detachment of Airborne infantry." He looked over to the end of the cave, shaking his head. "Guess I'll go sober up a bit more before we head off. Get ready, and report to the main hangar area at... oh, 1600hrs. Any questions?" He looked down, rubbing his head as he took another drink of the horrid black abyss that was Mac's coffee.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am

"Um, yeah actually.. WHY are you still drinking that...? I told you; go to Medic, get a drip. Other than that, everything should be fine. I'll let you know if there are any issues. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to change so we can get this moving." She nodded over to a neatly folded stack of clothing with weapons piled on top.
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 am

He shrugged. "Acquired taste is acquired. But, good idea, I'm heading over to Medic's office anyway. Should be able to get something done about this damn hangover. Might even coax her into coming with us on this trip." He started on his way, rubbing his head. "Alright, see you then, Commissar." He took yet another drink, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Shaking her head, Seba grabbed her gear and headed to a designated changing area. Returning, she left the pools somewhat annoyed that Lepper barged in on her like that and would have rathered this conversation to have taken place in his office. She headed to the hangars to gather the crew together.
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:54 am

Val held a black towel around her as she walked toward the geothermal hot spring, biting her lip as she paused near it. She looked around, checking no one was looking as such before kicking off her shoes to lightly dip a toe into the water.

She had been looking forward to this all day; a nice relaxing evening alone, in a warm natural bath to soothe the aches and her wound of which had been stitched and cleaned by the medics of the foxes crew. They were excellent medics, she gave them that. Patient and definitely put their all into what they did.. Valerie certainly admired that determination.

Soon enough, she took away the towel, folding it neatly and put it to the side as she slipped into the natural spa in her black bathing suit with a sigh of relief.
The warmth of the water almost made her want to fall asleep after a while, resting her head back on the edge of the hot spring with her eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammy-red-bird/
Sponsored content

Geothermal Hot Springs _
PostSubject: Re: Geothermal Hot Springs   Geothermal Hot Springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geothermal Hot Springs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sky Haven :: Roleplay :: Safe Haven-
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com