Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Welcome to the Sky Haven; home of the Winged Foxes.

Opps! It appears you haven't logged in yet!

Don't forget to login to the forums to access all the available content!
Sky Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Bird

Red Bird

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 _
PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

The guards Seba had come across were unconscious, with only slight patches of blood scattered the floor around them, possibly just due to well-aimed punches to their jaws..
Valerie frowned at her now cut satchel strap, the bag having dropped from her shoulder onto the snow.

"..Odd." she mumbled, before crouching to tie the two ends of the strap together.
She froze as she heard a woman's voice not too far behind her.

Val looked around at her through her goggles, and reached inside her coat quickly to pull out her own pistol in reply. "...Never you mind.." she replied over the sounds of the rushing wind, pulling the strap of her full satchel back over her shoulder now it was fixed.

Last edited by Red Bird on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammy-red-bird/
Lucielore Aurelias

Lucielore Aurelias

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 am

Jordan sighed. No task was ever without surprise when it came to the Foxes. Nonetheless, she knew her job, and with Medical on alert, she was ready to get paid for the amount of bandages she'd have to place on boo-boo's today.

The medical bay was quiet; the calm before the storm, almost. Jordan kept to herself, turning her attention to Medic once in a while to see what she was doing. Jordan kept busy stocking supplies in preparation for the incoming crowd. Nothing to do but to wait. She flipped through the pages of the Arcand Journal of Internal Medicine to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=592531479&
Medic

Medic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:00 am

Medic was almost glad that the Captain's order for her to report to medical had come in when it had. Changing back into her medical scrubs, she was relieved of having to court Mac and Felix in an evening of what would probably have turned out to only be filled with name calling and awkward sideways glances.

Having a layout of various gauze, antiseptics, and other supplies on the counter prepared for immediate use, she turned and started watching the door, only looking over at Jordan for a split second as she sighed.
Back to top Go down
Lucielore Aurelias

Lucielore Aurelias

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 am

"Only a matter of time." Jordan muttered, flipping to the next page and scanning down an article about some of the recent case studies on something doing with the spinal cord. Neurology wasn't her bag. She flipped to the next page and scanned again, wishing a couple of guys bleeding to death would walk through the hatch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=592531479&
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 am

"I wouldn't suggest you use that." Seba nodded over to the woman's pistol. "You've got a sniper trained on you. Now I'll ask again; what are you doing here, and what's in the bag."
Seba hoped that Demetrius was paying attention since she hadn't heard anything from him recently, but if he wasn't, a bluff never hurt anyone. Usually.
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:28 am

Valerie narrowed her eyes a fraction, now understanding why her bag strap had suddenly snapped...
"And I suggest you don't use that." she said, before adding "..Ammunition. I'm taking it." replying to her honestly and simply. Val didn't want to mess around if there really was a sniper with their scope cast on her in the distance somewhere...
She would rather be honest, give it up and get away alive rather than lie and possibly get killed if this woman worked for the airbase... Though, she didn't seem appropriately uniformed to work in any position here.. Her clothing did not match up to the other guards' she had encountered.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 am

"Ammunition, eh..." Seba's head turned to the side a fraction as her eyes narrowed a bit. Either it was ammo in there, or she was lying. Though if she was lying, what exactly was in there.. It didn't matter to the mission.

Lowering the pistol slightly, Seba nodded to the woman. "Go. You're fine."
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 am

She frowned at the sudden decision to let her leave.
"..If you don't work for this airbase, then what are you doing here..?" Valerie asked her in a curious tone of voice and a faint tilt of her head.
It didn't make sense to let her go unless she was up to something also.. whatever it was, Val was curious to know... She hadn't come across any other thieves for a while.. It seemed like everyone had made themselves scarce since the snow had started to fall heavily...
Though to Val, it was the perfect cover. Tracks were covered quickly, and if you blended in with the whiteness, you were practically invisible to the eye..
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:01 am

Lep blinked, looking through his monocular. He tapped the headset a bit to see if he could hear the conversation. No luck.

"... Seba, The hell are you doing over there, making a sewing circle? We got a job to do!" He looked around some, frowning. "Where the hell is that Pantheran and that airborne anyway? I called them in half an hour ago... Deme, see if you can ring them up."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:16 am

Seba gave a low growl in response to Lepper's comment through the microphone, then got back to the woman. "You have a sniper on you, remember? I suggest you leave while you're still being given that option."

Not wanting to waste any more of her own time, Seba raised the pistol up again, training it on the woman. Walking backwards with the weapon pointed at her until her details became blurred and merely a form, Seba went off in a random direction, mindful that she was leaving prints.

"Lepper, she's just here for ammo it looks like. Told her to leave, but she may not be one for that. Demetrius, if she heads in my direction, shoot her."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 am

Lep frowned a bit, hearing it. "Don't think I didn't understand that. Belay that order. If you so much as think about touching that trigger..." He blinked, stopping himself. His mind whirled as he tried to come up with a good excuse for her to live, much more come with them.

"... who knows, she might also prove useful. We could use another quiet thief. Most of our guys make more noise than a drunken elephant in a china shop." He kept to himself, looking at the pair through his monocular. "Invite her to join... you know the drill."
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 am

"... You have got to be kidding me.... Which part exactly did you understand! Why would... Ugh... Lepper... ugh.... The drill? What is that exactly? To woo her with your lack of manly charm?! If you get me killed I'll destroy you."

Chambering a round into the .40, Seba made her way back to the woman quickly, muttering Dessarian death threats under her breath the entire way. When her form came into view Seba slowed her pace down, putting the pistol out of immediate view. Continuing on to her, she slowed to a stop.

"... It's me again."
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:31 pm

She frowned as the woman walked away without answer to her question, before placing her revolver back away inside her thickly furred coat.. Val could see she wasn't wanted, and so began to walk away again as she supposed it was none of her business, no matter how much she would have liked to know what they were up to..

Valerie blinked as she heard the voice again though perhaps only two minutes later, looking around at her.

"What?" she frowned, not understanding her motives.
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 am

"Okay.. This may seem odd, but..." Seba took a breath, not sure how this woman would react to what she would say next. "I've been told to ask if you'd like to join us. We've got medical, good payroll, and lots of booze."

Pausing, she continued. "If you're interested I can take you to someone who can give you more information. I'm not normally one for talking about this."
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Felix was getting... Bored - worried. The instinctual anxiety of moving slowly in the open was getting to him, perking his ears up and dumping adrenaline into his system - as if he needed any more energy than he had already...

Looking around with a faint frantic look in his eye at Mac, Felix rubbed his neck. "Try and, uh, follow my lead," He muttered, before digging his toes into the sand. There was a thump! as Felix's foot forced its way through the snow and hit solid grown with the force of several grown men jumping in the same place, before Felix shot off into the distance.

Now and then he'd skid to a stop, and uncover the snow around a trip-wire that whistled in the wind, before blasting off once again to find the next.

As soon as his future seemed free of unexposed trip-wires, he waved at Mac in the distance, before sitting cross-legged in the snow - Demetrius and the Captain in view. His breath heavy, snow melted and water turned to steam as it hit his muscles, a faint haze surrounding him as cold air rushed to warm up, both his hearts racing.
Back to top Go down
Winged Lunatic

Winged Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Demetrius had the illuminated crosshair of his rifle aimed upon the girl with the goggles. He could practically sense the Captain panting like a dog in heat, less playing spotter than a man on Safari. She seemed an interesting character, but... Not his type.

He liked a girl that could kick his ass.

Looking sideways at Lepper, Demetrius huffed and turned his rifle in the direction of the incoming crew. A grin spread over his face as the scope revealed a steaming, panting feline sitting in a small puddle of water. "He here. But, Mac isn't." He said, before turning his rifle back to the girls at hand. "You think maybe they tripped?" He asked in a macabre tone, "Either way, Kitty will probably wish they did... Mac won't like being deserted like that. By non-human.."
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 am

She raised her brows at the offer the woman made her, quite taken aback by the new situation. Seeing the earpiece communication looped over the top Seba's ear, she sussed that someone had seen some kind of potential in her...
The thought of working with other thieves made her smile, maybe she didn't have to do this alone anymore..

"...If you could show me to them, sure, that'd be great.. thanks." Valerie smiled in reply with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am

"If they tripped anything, we would have heard it." Lep looked over at Deme, then back through the monoscope.

"Glad to have you finally join us, Felix. You're gonna want to put on these..." He pulled some earplugs from his pocket, handing them over. "They won't deafen you entirely, but they'll muffle the sound to a more tolerable level..."

He kept his eye on the girl rather than the airbase. "... there's a massive network of explosives triggered by tripwires here. Whatever's in that airbase, they sure don't want us getting our hands on it. However, Seba knows her way around booby traps, probably made them along the Aekean Border with Dessaria. She's already down there, and we might be getting a new member."

His ears picked up footsteps coming towards them. Looking back, he saw airborne moving towards the group, stepping lightly over tripwires. Nodding, he went back to the monocular.
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:54 am

Felix blinked and took the ear-plugs, before gently placing them in his ears. His visible world dimmed slightly as his hearing was muffled, relying now more on his sense of smell than his sense of hearing. Hearing of the explosive, he soon put together one and one, and blinked.
"Those wire things? They're easy to get passed. I uncovered them all on the way here for the others." He grinned.

"Whats he doin'?" He asked, pointing at the Dessarian, before his ears folded back in concern. "What... Do you want me, to do?" He asked, the worry evident in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:16 am

The Airborne slowly moved over the tripwires, Mac taking the lead as he stepped over the final tripwire, crouching near the pair. "Sorry we're late. You try navigatin' a tripwire field carefully..." He looked behind at his squad slowly advancing towards them, moving as quickly and calmly as they could. The last one had yet to make it.

That's when the trouble started. A familiar twang and the ring of a grenade's fuse safety flying off. Mac cursed under his breath, gritting his teeth. "Hit the deck!"

The airborne did so, just as shrapnel tore the last guy apart, knocking him on his stomach, groaning. The explosion ripped through the silence, shrapnel still raining down on them, now harmless. Needless to say, that caught a few people's attention at the airbase. Mac, however, was looking at the wounded trooper. "... Fuck, I gotta go back, don't I..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Leper

Captain Leper

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 am

Lepper frowned, looking back after the shrapnel fell. Gritting his teeth, he got to his feet. "So much for NOT ringing the doorbell. Get up! We're going through the front door." He pulled out his .45, looking towards the narrow shallow path through the snow leading to the road leading into the airbase.

The Airborne already began to fire down into the airbase, taking pockshots at armed figures running to positions as they slowly but surely began to move towards the main entrance.
Back to top Go down
RealFolkBlues

RealFolkBlues

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:37 am

Felix twitched violently as the explosion went off, almost able to imagine the shrapnel making mince-meat of the soldier. "I thought I'd uncovered them all..." Felix said quietly, his ears slowly drooping. f they had tripped over a wire he missed, it was his fault - more blood on his hands. The last thing he needed...

Felix flinched again as the gunshots echoed out into the distance, before pocketing the pistol and pulling the crossbow from his back. Winding it back, he locked in an arrow, before aiming, and pulling the trigger, a 27gram bolt shooting off into the distance.

"I can't do this bit so good - I'm not a fighter!" He shouted towards Lepper, "I'm more useful... Y'know, somewhere dark! Really dark!"
Back to top Go down
Seba

Seba

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am

"Follow me..." Seba turned, starting to lead the woman back to where Lepper and Demetrius were stationed. From the conversation she was overhearing through the microphone it was assumed that Felix and the airborne had finally reached their position.
Then an explosion went off.

Simultaneously hunkering down for cover while pulling out her .40, Lepper's order to go through the front door was heard. Nodding at the woman, she then nodded in the direction of the airbase. "Looks like we're going in. You can meet people later.."

Seba started to get up again when she paused, and turned to the woman for a moment; extending her hand. "It's Seba by the way." She grinned that all-too-familiar Dessari smile. "Figure if we're gonna get shot at we should at least know each others names."
Back to top Go down
Red Bird

Red Bird

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 am

Valerie followed beside the woman as she lead her in the direction of Lepper and Demetrius, till she too quickly crouched down at hearing a loud bang of an explosion errupting ahead.

She blinked at the sudden introduction, though smiled and shook her hand. "Valerie." she replied as Val stood too. "So, what is it you're after in there?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Mac

Mac

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Mac slowly made his way over towards the wounded airborne trooper, gritting his teeth at the extent of the damage. "Shit shit shit.... Can't fix him up out here..." He turned on his comm, fitting the headset over his ears and fiddling a bit with the mic.

"Damn it. Medical, this is Dog Company. We got a trooper here, Critical. Fragmentation in his back, bleedin' severely. Requestin' Medevac."

He had three color smoke grenades: Red, Green, and Yellow. Depending on who was being sent out, he popped a smoke. Green would go to Medevac "Valkyrie", Yellow went to Medevac "St Bernard", and Red went to Medevac "Tender Love and Care" (or TLC for short). He was hoping it was TLC being sent out. That pilot could go in and out of a hot zone the fastest.

Last edited by Mac on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...   Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its "Merry Christmas" seeping through my walls...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sky Haven :: Roleplay :: Battle and Adventures-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com